Its Over… Not Quite
Upon your return, you will have all those boxes to unpack.. what else?
- Thank you letters to write.. to suppliers, facility personnel, volunteers, etc
- You have to reconcile the bills when they come in and pay them
- You have to work out the actuals verses budget
- You have statistical data to finalize – actual attendance, number of covers at each meal function vs. guarantees, bedroom pick up, number of no shows, ticket sales, and so in
- You probably will need to write reports too
- You may want to have a debrief session with others on staff who were on site
- You may need to have a wrap up meeting with your planning committee….
Evaluation forms can be developed before you go on site.
- They are designed to determine if the goals and objectives of the meeting have been met
- They must be carefully planned with appropriate materials
- Arrangements must be made for the distribution, collection and tabulation.
Consideration must be given to what you want to evaluate
- Program: including topics, substance and speakers with an eye to future utilization
- Maybe you want to assess other elements, entertainment, your trade show, social programs
- Maybe you want feedback on the site, facilities, local services
- Maybe you want to gather attendee information on those attending the meeting
- You may also ask what topics the delegates would like covered at future events
By the time you are done… it is time to start all over again.