Primary & Secondary Objectives
The Primary Objective:
Will encompass those areas, which are critical and determine the overall success of the meeting:
- financial responsibilities
- site, time, expectations
- overall program layout (meeting pattern), etc
- outcomes… the purpose may be a sales meeting but what outcomes are expected, attendees – number and type
Relate to less critical but important functions incorporated into the meeting
- budget expectations: make money, break even, etc.
- social programs
- food and beverage, etc
With these you sometimes omit span of time because they relate to primary objective and it is covered.
To produce a 2 day sales conference and product launch to be held in November 2012 at a cost not to exceed $80,000.00 that introduces the 2013 product line and motivates pharmaceutical national sales representatives to produce a 10% sales volume increase during the next fiscal year.
Secondary Objectives that relate to this primary objective:
· To produce an approved budget not to exceed $80,000.00
· To select and contract a facility by April 1, 2012 to meet the needs of the meeting
· To produce by September 10, 2012 support material for the 3 new products that will be launched at this meeting including video presentation product specifications sheets and promotional brochures on each product