Testing Your Objectives
To + Measurable action verb + Key results + Time frame or target date + Cost
- Is the objective statement constructed properly?
- Is the objective measurable?
- Can the objective be easily understood by those who must accomplish it?
- Is the objective realistic and attainable, while still presenting a challenge?
- Will the result justify the cost in time and resources used to achieve it?
- Is the objective consistent with the basic organizational policies and practices?
- Can accountability for final results be clearly established from the objective?
Your objectives must be written down and agreed to by your superiors and others with a vested interest in the meetings success (eg. Your CEO, Board of Directors). These objectives will be used as the basis for the Meeting Plan/Critical Path..